E-mail me with questions or comments:
Last updated 2007-10-06 08:03 PDT
IC Engine Theory
- Book List - Some books I've read or skimmed and my personal ratings, for whatever that's worth.
- Turbo Glossary - My Big List of Big Words. Names of parts and descriptions of such terms as "adiabatic" and "thermal efficiency."
- Turbo Calculator - Performs thermodynamic analysis of your intake tract, for turbocharged, supercharged and naturally aspirated motors. Includes a preliminary water/methanol injection model.
Pre-defined configurations for the calculator
- Engine Tech and Oddities - A collection of pdfs and pictures to keep you up at night.
- EFI Ramblings - A grab bag of EFI-related stuff.
- Gas Flow in a Pipe - Calculates pressure drop and Reynolds number for a gas flowing through a tube of given diameter.
- Compression Ratio Calculator - The usual CR calculator, but lets you mill the head or add a spacer, and then tells you the cam timing error for OHC motors, too.
- Engine Cranking Pressure Calculator - Calculates the ideal number (no leakage) that you should see during a compression test, using cam timing and static CR.
- Pressure Converter - Converts common pressure (boost) units to any other useful units. Ever want to know your boost pressure in Torr?
- Qplot - Some crankshaft/rod angle geometry revealed
- NACA Reports - A bunch of engine theory papers, many on water injection.
- Patents - Even more good stuff, a smattering of patents on EFI, ion ignition, nitrous nozzle designs, all sorts of stuff.
- Water Injection - Info on one of my favorite subjects.
- Richard Hathaway's Induction Tuning - Bill Shurvinton scammed this PowerPoint presentation of how to compute intake tract dimensions; highly recommended. Here is an HTML version.
- Cam Selection Chart from Dennis Novotny. Gives rough guidelines for matching cam duration with engine displacement and application.
Drive Train and Suspension